Our Emma Sustainable Backpack is designed in London and produced in Italy.
The Emma is made of Re-Gen denim; a unique denim fabric is composed of 50% Tencel ™ x Refibra ™ by Lenzing and 50% recycled cotton in Italy. We lined inside of our Emma with NewLife™ fabric, made with 100% recycled plastic bottles.
To make our Emma even more impactful, we use ethically produced leather in Italy for its adjustable shoulder straps to increase quality and durability of our backpack.
- As part of GreenLIFE; Green Leather Industry for the Environment project funded by European Union.
- The leather production chain performed entirely in Italy, enabling to monitor the complete process and the chemical used; 59% less than the EU legal limits.
- 90% waste sent for recovery, 97- 99% waste water sent for purification.
- Unique denim fabric from Italy.
- Composed of 50% Tencel ™ x Refibra ™ - a cellulose fibres and 50% recycled cotton in both the warp and the weft.
- No water or chemicals used during the recycling process.
- Revolutionary water saving dyeing technology.
- 30% less energy, 50% less water, 70% less chemicals during the production of the fabric.
- The Newlife™ fabric is produced from 100% recycled plastic bottles.
- The production process is 100% made in Italy and 100% traceable.
- Less energy is utilized during the production process, resulting in a considerable reduction in carbon emissions.
- 60% less energy, 32% less CO2, 94% less water during the production of the yarns.